At UpSpire, we believe in the power of business to create lasting social change. We live this belief by creating employment opportunities that restore dignity and provide hope for individuals struggling with homelessness. Our Employment Specialist will have the opportunity to join a team that is passionate about our work and mission. This position will require an avid communicator with a strategic ability in order to effectively staff and scale our enterprises. In this position, your work will create life-changing opportunities for our employees in the Fort Worth area.
- Conduct group interviews and new employee orientations. Explain all the benefits of UpSpire to prospective employees.
- Help execute and implement new contracts by filling new positions. Ensure staffing recommendations meet all contract requirements by the deadline.
- Track all applicants through interviews and screening process. Make placement recommendations to Career Developer and Operations
- Coordinate department hiring and training with the Director of Career Development, Operations, and Human Resources
- Deliver consistently high levels of customer service to all prospective and current customers, business owners, and other stakeholders ensuring that we meet or exceed customer expectations
- Be Effective
- Comprehensive understanding of scheduling, hiring, conflict resolution, and resource management.
- Effective time management and ability to work independently
- Evaluate and identify areas for improvement and efficiency in operation and recruiting policy and procedure.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance with an optional health savings account
- Paid time off (up to 20 days 1st year), 401K match, life insurance, short and long term disability
- Company computer provided. Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
Who we are looking for
- Passion for Social Change and Entrepreneurship
- High School Diploma
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple and unrelated projects
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative with integrity
- Must be able to collaborate, communicate, and have fun with teammates, coworkers, and customers
- Willingness to be on-call after hours and have a flexible schedule depending on business needs
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in internet research and Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel