Responsible for carrying out maintenance and cleaning duties as specified in contracts with outside commercial buildings and residences.
Under the supervision of the Director of Social Enterprise, the UpSpire Staff cleans commercial buildings such as offices, churches, and residential properties. The UpSpire Staff will clean all areas as specified including, but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, mopping, wipe down windows, sanitize bathrooms, clean kitchens, and empty trash receptacles.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, clean windows, restrooms cleaning, etc.)
- Preform and document completed tasks on checklist daily
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects as needed
- Observes and reports matters pertaining to building condition and maintenance
- Assists with moving building materials, supplies, equipment, and furniture as needed
- Notify management of supply needs and maintain janitorial closets
- Cooperate with other members of the Clean Slate Staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and janitorial techniques
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work varied schedules including weekend, early morning and late night shifts
- A strong commitment to service others
- Other duties as assigned
- Act in accordance with agency mission and values at all times.
- Maintain professional demeanor and communication with all fellow staff, management, and persons at the outside facilities.
- Seek supervision and support when encountering an obstacle to contract requirements or in carrying out a job responsibility.
- Incorporate supervisory feedback into work performance to improve service delivery.
Supervisory responsibilities: Crew lead
Interaction: Other staff, supervisory personnel, outside facility staff and visitors.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma/GED.
Language and communication: Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form. Ability to read and understand English. Ability to document incidents legibly. Ability to maintain customer confidentiality and privacy.
Reasoning ability: Must be able to remain calm under high stress and communicate effectively with supervisor, staff and outside personnel both in person and over the phone.
Certificates, licenses and registrations: Valid State ID or driver license
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to sit, stand, stop, lift, reach, kneel and walk. Standing is predominant physical activity throughout the day. Occasionally required to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Work environment: The work environment will include various atmospheres that will change based on the contract location. Occasional exposure to outside staff members and visitors with possible confrontational attitudes. Frequent exposure to communicable disease. Occasional exposure to irritating or caustic substances.