Under the supervision of the Director of Business Operations, the Landscape Team Member will landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, and raking.
- Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment
- Operates mechanized equipment as required, which may include gas-powered shears, weed eater, stick edger, backpack blower, push mower, wheelbarrow, hand tools
- Performs assigned daily work per department requirements inclusive of mowing, edging, trimming, planting, fertilizing, watering, detailing ornamental plant material, weed-eating, spraying or pulling weeds, clearing of hard surfaces, tree care, laying sod or masonry materials, digging, raking, and assisting in irrigation or masonry installation
- Observes and reports matters pertaining to route condition and maintenance
- Performs all job-related tasks safely and efficiently and uses all tools and equipment in accordance with company safety policy
- Informs supervisor of problem areas on-site, equipment or supply issues, or of any accident or loss
- Cooperate with other members of the UpSpire Staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Ability to be on your feet 10+ hours a day
- Ability to withstand inclement weather including but not limited to rain, sleet, wind, and snow
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work varied schedules including weekend, early morning and late night shifts
- A strong commitment to service others
- Other duties as assigned
- Act in accordance with agency mission and values at all times.
- Maintain professional demeanor and communication with all fellow staff, management, and persons at the outside facilities.
- Seek supervision and support when encountering an obstacle to contract requirements or in carrying out a job responsibility.
- Incorporate supervisory feedback into work performance to improve service delivery.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Interaction: Other staff, supervisory personnel, outside facility staff and visitors.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma/GED.
Language and communication: Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form. Ability to read and understand English. Ability to document incidents legibly. Ability to maintain customer confidentiality and privacy.
Reasoning ability: Must be able to remain calm under high stress and communicate effectively with supervisor, staff and outside personnel both in person and over the phone.
Certificates, licenses and registrations: Valid State ID or driver license
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to sit, stand, stop, lift, reach, kneel and walk. Walking is predominant physical activity throughout the day. Occasionally required to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Work environment: The work environment will include various atmospheres that will change based on the contract location. Occasional exposure to outside staff members and visitors with possible confrontational attitudes. Frequent exposure to communicable disease. Occasional exposure to irritating or caustic substances. Exposure to inclement weather and outdoor elements. Exposure to cars traveling 25-45 mph.