Coordinate UpSpire Litter staff and equipment. Responsible for carrying out various cleaning and maintenance tasks to contract specifications.
Supervises staff on all off-site commercial litter contracts.
- Assign tasks to staff based on job requirements or special assignments
- Manage quality control checklists and ensure all tasks are completed to UpSpire standards
- Train new and existing staff on proper litter removal techniques
- Complete and turn in weekly supply and equipment inventory
- Handle any on-site customer complaints or questions and respond as necessary
- Perform general equipment maintenance
- Coordinate staff schedules and transportation
- Perform cleaning tasks including, but not limited to: removing litter, raking, navigating shallow (knee deep) waterways, and securing supplies/equipment as needed
- Manage special projects and extra duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 year experience performing general labor or maintenance work required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills. Must be able to write basic business documents
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work varied schedule including weekend, late nights, and early morning shifts
- Ability to work with shelter staff and staff in a friendly and efficient manner
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to vary work schedule
- Act in accordance with agency mission and values at all times.
- Maintain professional demeanor and communication with all fellow staff, management, and persons at the outside facilities.
- All other duties assigned including, but not limited to: basic maintenance and supervisory work at the Presbyterian Night Shelter.
Supervisory responsibilities: Direct Supervision of UpSpire Litter Staff.
Interaction: Other staff, supervisory personnel, outside facility staff and visitors.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma
Language and communication: Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form. Ability to read and understand English. Ability to document incidents legibly. Ability to maintain customer confidentiality and privacy.
Reasoning ability: Must be able to remain calm under high stress and communicate effectively with supervisor, staff and outside personnel both in person and over the phone.
Certificates, licenses and registrations: Valid driver license. Must be able to drive.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to sit, stand, stop, lift, reach, kneel and walk. Walking is predominant physical activity throughout the day. Occasionally required to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Work environment: The work environment will include various atmospheres that will change based on the contract location. Occasional exposure to outside staff members and visitors with possible confrontational attitudes. Frequent exposure to communicable disease. Occasional exposure to irritating or caustic substances.