In addition to employment opportunities that offer growth and advancement as well as pay increases, bonuses/incentives and long term careers- UpSpire full-time employees are eligible for health benefits. Benefit packages include but are not limited to:
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- and more…
Under the supervision of the Business Operations Manager, the UpSpire Warehouse Associate will be assigned to the Texas Heat schedule as needed. The tasks and jobs will vary by contract including, but not limited to, cleaning, manufacturing, and general industry labor. Responsible for carrying out various tasks and duties as assigned by the onsite supervisor.
- Clean, monitor, and attend to various duties as assigned by the onsite contract supervisor.
- Preform duties to the standards of the onsite supervisor
- Coordinate schedule with the staffing driver and be on time for daily drop offs and pickups.
- Notify management of supply, equipment, and PPE (personal protective equipment) needs
- Cooperate with other members of the UpSpire staff and onsite staff
- Follow all OSHA and onsite health and safety regulations. Notify UpSpire staff of any violations immediately.
- Ability to be on your feet 10+ hours a day
- Ability to withstand inclement weather including but not limited to rain, sleet, wind, and snow
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work varied schedules including weekend, early morning and late night shifts
- A strong commitment to service others
- Other duties as assigned
- Act in accordance with agency mission and values at all times.
- Maintain professional demeanor and communication with all fellow staff, management, and persons at the outside facilities.
- Seek supervision and support when encountering an obstacle to contract requirements or in carrying out a job responsibility.
- Incorporate supervisory feedback into work performance to improve service delivery.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Interaction: Other staff, supervisory personnel, outside facility staff and visitors.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma/GED.
Language and communication: Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form. Ability to read and understand English. Ability to document incidents legibly. Ability to maintain customer confidentiality and privacy.
Reasoning ability: Must be able to remain calm under high stress and communicate effectively with supervisor, staff and outside personnel both in person and over the phone.
Certificates, licenses and registrations: Valid State ID or driver license
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to sit, stand, stop, lift, reach, kneel and walk. Walking is predominant physical activity throughout the day. Occasionally required to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Work environment: The work environment will include a manufacturing/warehouse facility. Occasional exposure to outside staff members and visitors with possible confrontational attitudes. Frequent exposure to communicable disease. Occasional exposure to irritating or caustic substances. Exposure to inclement weather and outdoor elements.